This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Ultimate Ice Cream Cookie Cake – a completely no-bake ice cream cake packed with cookies in every layer! Loaded with chewy chocolate chip cookies, chocolate sandwich cookies, cookies and cream ice cream, and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!
I’ve been feeling really lazy lately as school’s out (WHOO!) and the weather’s warming up, which means I’ve been spending a lot of time sleeping and sweating it out at Disneyland.
There is officially less than 2 weeks left until my big ol’ college graduation (Go Bruins!) and I’m not quite sure how to feel. Right now, I know I’m definitely extremely nervous I’m going to trip on stage at the ceremony, scared of post-college life, relieved that school is over (for now), and extremely EXCITED for my big trip to Asia in 3-ish months!
Because of this, I’m in a real summertime state of mind. It’s probably my favorite season and I’m excited that all my friends and my brothers are getting out of school soon too!
The only thing that I felt was suitable to make, was this completely no-bake (although if you feel up to it, there can indeed be some baking involved!) ultimate ice cream cookie cake. :O
Last month, I made those mini ice cream brownie cupcakes, that you guys seemed to love (YAY) and today I’m back again, using 3 different Blue Bunny® ice cream (click the link to check out other ideas!) flavors in this layered “cake”! There are like a million (okay, I exaggerate, there’s 4) types/styles of cookies here, chocolate cookie sandwiches, chocolate chip cookies, cookie dough, and the chunks of cookies in the ‘cookies and cream’ ice cream. (How many times did I say the word cookies just now? LOL)
I chose to take a shortcut here and use store-bought chewy chocolate chip cookies as the base. BUT, no worries, if you really want to make a homemade cookie instead, I have a great recipe on here too. I was originally planning to re-use the recipe for my mega awesome stuffed chocolate chip cookies from a couple weeks ago – obviously leaving out the stuffing – but the warm lure of summer and ‘school’s out excitement’ got the better of me and I didn’t want to turn on my oven. 🙂
As you can see in my above pic, Blue Bunny® new clear packaging lets you see all the pretty flavor swirls before you buy, which, I really appreciate. ‘What you see is what you get’ marketing, yes! The flavors I used from top to bottom are: Blue Bunny® Cookies & Cream, Blue Bunny® Super Chunky Cookie Dough®, and Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla. In between the first ice cream layers, I included a quick layer of Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Flavored Topping. My little brothers love this stuff! They’re a great inexpensive way to add some fun to your ice cream, and they add a welcome bit of crunchy texture to this cake. I got all I needed at Walmart btw!
Cookie + ice cream lovers, this ice cream cake is for you. And with everyone getting out of school right now, what better way to celebrate!
- 1 container Blue Bunny® Cookies & Cream
- 1 container Blue Bunny® Super Chunky Cookie Dough®
- 1 container Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla
- about 12 small sized chocolate chip cookies
- about 12 chocolate cookie sandwiches
- Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Flavored Topping
- 1 container frozen whipped topping
- about 6 chocolate cookie sandwiches, crushed
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper. Take out your ice cream and let it thaw slightly at room temperature for about 2 minutes.
- Place an even layer of chocolate chip cookies (or if you're baking it from scratch, gather all the cookie dough and spread it in an even layer, then bake according to directions, so you end up with a giant square shaped cookie! Let it cool before assembling ice cream) in the pan.
- Spread an even, thick layer of vanilla ice cream, then squirt a layer of Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Flavored Topping. Wait until the shell dries, then spread a thick layer of cookie dough ice cream.
- Place an even layer of chocolate cookie sandwiches on top of the cookie dough ice cream, then top with another thick layer of cookies and cream ice cream. Place the pan in the freezer.
- Take out your whipped topping and mix in the crushed cookies. Take out your pan and spread this on top of the cake. Enjoy!!