Mini Oreo Cookie Butter Cheesecakes – Think creamy peanut butter cheesecakes but instead of PB; made with rich & smooth OREO COOKIE BUTTER!! Attention Oreo lovers, this is the ultimate Oreo cheesecake in mini form!
I am on a Oreo butter rampage, and I might need to be stopped.
I made these a few weeks ago, right after the Oreo cookie butter cups actually, but I’ve been out of commission due to some serious food poisoning. Oooof, that was rough, but I’ll spare you the details.
Anyway, after making my Oreo Cookie Butter Cups (again, think peanut butter cups but OREOS instead!) a few weeks ago, I had about half a bowl of the creamy goodness left. As tempted as I was to just finish off the rest with a spoon (I might’ve snuck a few bites 🙂 ) I wanted to see if there was anything else I could make with it.
I wanted the full Oreo experience, which means Oreo flavor in every bite. This meant simply sprinkling in some crushed Oreos into a regular New York style cheesecake just wasn’t enough.
Now, let’s get on with this Oreo-filled show. There are Oreos in the crust AND Oreos infused in every single bite. Then, I chose to top it off with a milk chocolate/white chocolate swirled ganache on top.
I also sprinkled in a few finely crushed Oreo pieces, so people would know this wasn’t just a chocolate cheesecake, but an Oreo butter cheesecake. Whoo-wee. (Have I said Oreos or Oreo enough times?)
I know it’s still summertime right now (YES!) and if you’re like me, and family get-togethers and relatives swinging by is a common occurrence, you’ll be glad you had some fancy schmancy mini cheesecakes to serve for dessert. These do especially well with kids, I’ve found, probably because they recognize the Oreo flavor!
If you want to make this a triple Oreo cheesecake, you can mix in some roughly chopped Oreos into the batter too.
The specific Oreo butter recipe I used here, is slightly modified from the one I used for the Oreo cookie butter cups. Basically, I made it creamier and wasn’t afraid to add in a bit of cream cheese to bring out the flavor and help with the consistency.
Mmmm, the cheesecakes came out rich and creamy, just how I like it!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups crushed Oreos
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup oreo butter
- 10 Oreos, roughly chopped
- 18 Oreos, crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate (chips or roughly chopped bars)
- 2 oz white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter and crushed Oreos. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and evenly divide the crust mixture into each well. Refrigerate while you make the cheesecake.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crushed Oreos, butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat your cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add sugar, salt, vanilla, and Oreo butter. Mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in eggs and sour cream. Beat until smooth. Fold in the crushed Oreos.
- Divide cheesecake batter evenly into each muffin tin well.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cheesecakes should be firm but still wobble in the middle. Cool in the refrigerator, while you make the ganache.
- Pour your chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat your heavy cream until just boiling. (Bubbles should form on the edges of the pan.) Pour over the chocolate. Let it melt the chocolate for a couple minutes, without stirring. Then, stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, microwave your white chocolate until it is thinner in consistency. I usually microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Once the cheesecakes have cooled down, pour a bit of chocolate ganache on top of a cheesecake, then a bit of the melted white chocolate. Quickly, swirl with a toothpick. Repeat for all the cheesecakes. Let cool, before eating.