Mini Matcha Green Tea Oreo Cheesecakes – creamy and sweet, mini matcha green tea cheesecakes with an Oreo cookie crust and packed with crushed Oreos inside!
(Whew, what a doozy of a name for these babies.)
Spring is here and I am officially ready for some warmer weather! If you’re on Spring Break this week, like my little brother is, take a few minutes to whip up these mini matcha Oreo cheesecakes!
These are inspired by some Green Tea Crunch bars (omg!) my mom picked up from our local Japanese market. On the package, they had a picture of a scoop of green tea cookies and cream ice cream and a lightbulb went off in my head.
Green tea + Oreos = Brilliant!
A tiny, time-saving mini cheesecake tip I have, is sticking a whole Oreo on the bottom to act as the crust. This is a little trick I do quite often, when I’m in a rush or not in the mood to deal with melted butter and graham crackers. It works perfectly every time 🙂
If you’re wary of the cookies and cream factor in these cheesecakes, you can always choose to omit the crushed Oreos and have a pure mini matcha cheesecake!
If you want to make it half/half like I did, prepare your cheesecake batter according to the directions, but before stirring in the crushed Oreos, spoon the batter into the muffin tin, then add in the crushed cookies to the rest of the batter.
I’m including a few of my favorite matcha products down below! You should be able to find matcha in any Asian speciality grocery store, but if you’re having trouble, I personally use the first product I have linked – and the other 3 are the most popular brands on Amazon!
I also have a reallllly cool mini-something coming at you guys next week!!
ANDDD a really yummy and springtime-y no-bake cheesecake recipe coming soon too!!
Good Morning Cali is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. All this means is that I get a teeny commission if you choose to buy from the links above. Everything is always at no extra cost to you.
Enjoy the recipe!! 🙂
- 12 Oreos
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoon matcha (adjust to your own preference, I like it strong)
- 12 Oreos, crushed
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and place an Oreo in each.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar, salt, vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add in eggs and sour cream, then beat until smooth. Add matcha and mix until incorporated. If you want to mix in crushed Oreos, fold them in now.
- Divide cheesecake batter into each well.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cheesecakes should be firm but still wobble in the middle. Sift additional matcha on top if desired. Enjoy!!