This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReimagineYourRoutine #CollectiveBias
Sticky Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders & Creamy Chicken, Broccoli and Cheddar Soup – 2 super simple recipes for 1) a 5-minute sticky honey BBQ sauce and 2) ridiculously cheesy, creamy chicken, broccoli and cheddar soup!
I don’t know about you guys, but doesn’t it feel like school starts sooner and sooner? The kids in my district are heading back to school as early as this week! So, to solve some soon-to-be busy weeknight dinner dilemmas, I’ve teamed up with Tyson® Foods to make 2 simple and low-effort recipes that only require minutes of prep, and taste fantastic!
Tyson® Foods has Back to School covered with so many of their products. For my recipes specifically, I chose to use Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips. Both are already fully cooked straight out of the package, affordable, and effortless freezer stock up items for breakfast, lunch, snacks, or – what we’re going to be focusing on today – dinner!
By the way, be on the lookout for pack stickers advertising Back to School Recipes on the packages in your store! I stocked up at my local Walmart and found these two products in the center aisle of the frozen meats section and under the “frozen chicken” section.
First up, is this 5-minute honey BBQ sauce that you simply toss with the fully cooked crispy chicken strips in a hot pan for about a minute and serve! It’s sticky, sweet, and salty with a hint of smokiness and tanginess from the barbecue sauce.
I cut the difficulty of the sauce-making by using my preferred brand of store bought barbecue sauce, because I love the taste and knew it would mesh well with the other ingredients I was going to add in.
Then, we have a super delicious recipe for a perfect fall-time chicken, broccoli and cheddar soup that’s equal parts cheesy, creamy, and satisfying. When the weather starts to cool down, I know there’s nothing I personally like more than a steaming bowl of hearty soup. One of my favorite types is broccoli and cheddar, and because sometimes I feel like it’s missing a bit of protein, I threw in some chopped grilled chicken. The base of the soup is also chicken stock, so the added bits of chicken bring out the flavors even more.
This rich and creamy chicken, broccoli and cheddar soup only requires a few minutes of prep time and under an hour of cook time. Then, bam, you’re rewarded with a large pot of cheesy goodness that can be easily reheated for another quick dinner or lunch! So easy and much more affordable than eating out.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken, thawed and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips
- Thaw the chicken.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in the onions and cook until translucent, 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Into a large saucepan or large soup pot, add the ¼ cup melted butter and flour. Quickly whisk together to form a roux. It should take anywhere from 2-4 minutes. Add a bit of extra butter if needed to keep the flour from burning.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock while whisking. Whisk until the roux has combined with the stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Then, add the milk and half and half, onions, broccoli, and carrots. Cook for about 20 minutes. During the last 5 minutes, add in the chicken and nutmeg.
- Stir in the cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare the chicken strips according to package directions.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and mix until combined.
- In a large skillet or pan, add the cooked chicken strips. Pour the sauce over and toss until the sauce covers all the strips.
- Cook until the sauce starts to stick onto the chicken. It should take under a minute.
Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe adapted from All Recipes!