This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsCheese #CollectiveBias
Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta – a super cheesy better-for-you pasta made with fresh cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, ricotta cheese, and light whipped cream cheese!
Believe it or not, this gorgeous pasta you see before you is A) delicious B) CHEESY! AND C) really, really healthy! This creamy tomato and spinach pasta is a staple that’s going to be on my table this summer. It’s probably one of the lightest and freshest pastas I’ve ever made, and there’s even CREAM CHEESE in there making those fresh vegetables taste light and creamy!
The two factors making up the “sauce” for this pasta are Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese and ricotta cheese! The Weight Watchers cream cheese is reduced fat (without sacrificing any taste whatsoever) and a real and all natural cheese. If you’re like me, and need a little help keeping your health on track this summer, this cheese fits the bill perfectly.
Here’s a link to some more Weight Watchers products and here’s a link to a Kroger Store Locator to find some products near you. I personally live in southern CA so I shopped at my local Ralphs. Check out how it looks below!
This pasta is really simple and great for entertaining guests this summer if you want a fresh and crisp meal, don’t ‘cha think?
The reduced fat cream cheese allowed me to mix something in with the ricotta that brought out all the fresh flavors of the tomatoes, baby spinach, and button mushrooms, while keeping the pasta covered in a creamy, cheesy sauce! (Yes, I forgot to mention there’s even some fresh mushrooms peeking through the farfalle pasta!) I recommend using cute little cherry tomatoes for this pasta, but I accidentally picked up some cocktail tomatoes and decided to use those instead because they’re just as fresh and yummy.
Goodness, is there anything that can make a pasta creamier than ricotta & cream cheese?
- 1 (12 ounce) package of pasta, I used Farfalle
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 leaves basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water for 7 minutes. (Basically cook for 1-2 minutes less than the package directions call for.) Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta’s cooking water.
- In a large pan over very low heat, add the olive oil, minced garlic, and mushrooms. Cook for about a minute. Add the pasta, ½ cup ricotta cheese, Weight Watchers cream cheese, garlic salt, cherry tomatoes, spinach, 2 tablespoons of the pasta water, and basil to the pan. Stir until the spinach starts to wilt, then take off the heat. If the pasta is too dry for your taste, add 1 tablespoon at a time of the reserved pasta water or extra ricotta, until thin enough.
- To serve, spoon over dollops of fresh ricotta cheese, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. Enjoy!!