Chili Cheese Stuffed Biscuits – super simple to make! Delicious chili and cheddar cheese is stuffed inside of a readymade biscuit dough!
Pre-made biscuit dough and crescent rolls are a constant in our fridge. We’re all always on-the-go and looking to try and cut down on the amount of $$$ we spend eating out, so we love easy, quick dinners or sides.
My little brother was piling an insane amount of toppings on a hot dog he had made for himself one night – I’m talking bacon bits, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, cheese, relish, barbecue sauce, onions, etc. – when I joked that the only thing he was missing was chili and suddenly I began craving a chili cheese dog.
Only, instead of making that chili cheese dog, I thought of the last container of biscuit dough I had in the fridge (the other one I used to make my garlic three cheese stuffed bombs) and I knew I needed to make these chili cheese stuffed biscuit bombs.
I chose to use a can of pre-made chili this time around, but if you had some leftover homemade chili lying around, definitely use that instead!! I literally “beef” up the pre-made chili by adding extra minced garlic and fresh ground beef.
I also like to brush the tops with a little butter before popping them in the oven. Definitely recommend for that browned top.
- 1 (16 oz) tube refrigerated biscuits
- 1 (8 oz) can Hormel chili (or 8 oz of your favorite leftover chili)
- salt, pepper to taste
- (optional) 4 ounces ground beef
- approximately 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Separate the biscuits and form a slight dent in the middle of each, with your finger. Place some cheese and spoon some of the chili mixture into the dent. Form the remaining dough around the filling and roll into a ball.
- Roll or brush each ball with the melted butter and optionally sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top of each biscuit.
- Place each biscuit on the baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!!