There are exactly T-minus 3 days until *grabs you by the shoulders and screams into your face, Buddy the Elf style *– NEXT YEAR????!! WHAT!!?? I feel like 2015 lasted about 2 weeks. I am not ready for school to start (but then again, who ever is?) so I shall be stuffing my face with this mega cheesy pizza pull-apart bread while I sit and binge-watch The Great British Baking Show for about 28 straight hours. (Do try to share some of this with your family though. They’ll be thanking you.)
This pizza pull-apart bread contains only about 6 ingredients ( I’m counting the spices as 1 hehe) and really takes no time at all. It’s filled with gooey mozzarella cheese, garlic-y tomato sauce and tasty Parmesan cheese. My entire family absolutely loved it, and it was gone within 5 minutes of taking these pictures. BTW, those are my brother’s fingers in the photo LOL! (Thanks for suffering those 1/4-not-quite-first degree burns for me :))
Don’t be skimpy with the mozzarella cheese. It is sooooo much fun watching all the different directions it stretches once it starts to melt. Plus, it’s cheese, so there’s really nothing better.
Also, feel free to add any of your favorite pizza toppings to this! Pepperoni, ham, sausage, pineapple, or mushroom maybe? I personally LOVE a good pizza with about a million different cheeses, so that’s what I went with here.
If you want to make the cheese out-of-control melty, take however many pizza bread pieces you manage to wrestle away from your family and pop ’em in your microwave for like 10-20 seconds. You will not be able to stop the cheese from flowing.
I have been ITCHING to get a good pull-apart bread recipe on here and try out different combos. This is going to be the first of many for me.
- 1 French loaf (I used a soft baguette)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt + ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the load of bread into about 1” slices but don’t cut all the way to the bottom of the bread.
- Mix together the melted butter and ½ tsp garlic salt in between and on top of each slice. Combine the Italian seasoning, remaining ½ tsp garlic salt and tomato sauce. Spoon about ½ tablespoon of the tomato sauce mixture in between each slice.
- Stuff the slices of mozzarella cheese in each opening.
- Sprinkle and squeeze Parmesan cheese into any open spaces.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and brush the top with any remaining melted butter and garlic salt. Cover with tin foil.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has started to melted. Uncover and bake until cheese is gooey and melted. Enjoy!!