Browned Butter Oreo Nutella Stuffed Blondies – rich browned butter blondies stuffed with Oreo cookie chunks and surprise pockets of gooey Nutella!
(Look at this beautiful surprise pocket of Nutella!)
Oh my goodness, there have got to be very, very, very few things in the world that smell or taste better than browned butter. It smells like a sweet, nutty, caramel & vanilla-spiced hug, and when added to food, makes it tastes rich and decadent. I was going soooo slow while making the batter for these because I wanted just a bit longer to bask in the warm browned butter scent.
But, OMG, the end result – these Browned Butter Oreo Nutella Stuffed Blondies – tasted even better than they smelled! The browned butter adds a rich, creamy flavor that pairs perfectly with the Oreos and surprise Nutella pocket inside each bite!
If you’ve never browned butter before, no worries, it’s ridiculously easy! I follow a tutorial by Serious Eats and it’s foolproof!
These browned butter blondies are unbelievably moist, rich and a super indulgent dessert. They’re like happiness in a bite.
The second I had my first bite, I was SO glad I only made one pan because I knew we’d all be in big big buttery trouble if I had made any more.
If the pockets of Nutella are majorly enticing to you, check out my Soft & Chewy Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are overflowing with rivers of gooey Nutella!
Browned butter blondie recipe adapted from Dinner with Julie!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- about 12 heaping teaspoons Nutella
- about 16 Oreos, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon 16 (do more in case of mistakes!) heaping teaspoons of Nutella onto the sheet and place in the freezer.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Lightly stir until it foams and starts turning golden. It should smell nutty! Once it does, remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Into the large mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir until mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Stir until just combined. Don’t overmix it! Stir in the Oreos.
- Spread half the mixture into the baking pan.
- Take out the sheet of frozen Nutella and place the balls a few centimeters apart. Spread the rest of the blondie batter on top.
- Bake for about 22-27 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Enjoy!!